Moving tower caisson for the Mackinac Bridge (11 of 11)

Pumps  were used to keep the water under control in the area of the caisson as machines dredged a channel out to Lake Huron for floating the section off the beach., Electronic reproduction of photograph.  The Mackinac Bridge 1954 - 1958. Mackinac Bridge Authority
Abstract/Description: Pumps were used to keep the water under control in the area of the caisson as machines dredged a channel out to Lake Huron for floating the section off the beach.
Subject(s): Bridges--Design and construction
St. Ignace (Mich.)
Mackinaw City (Mich.)
Mackinac Bridge (Mich.)
Date Created: 1954 (approximate)