Tower caisson for the Mackinac Bridge (1 of 45)

Workers complete the inner wall of the first section of a tower caisson.  These water-tight, eight compartment fabrications were towed by tug to the bridge site 90 miles to the northwest., Electronic reproduction of photograph.  The Mackinac Bridge 1954 - 1958. Mackinac Bridge Authority
Abstract/Description: Workers complete the inner wall of the first section of a tower caisson. These water-tight, eight compartment fabrications were towed by tug to the bridge site 90 miles to the northwest.
Subject(s): Bridges--Design and construction
St. Ignace (Mich.)
Mackinaw City (Mich.)
Mackinac Bridge (Mich.)
Date Created: 1954 (approximate)