City Bottling Works, Iron Mountain

City Bottling Works, 224 East A Street, Iron Mountain, ca. 1900-1905: John C. Eslick and James Langdon purchased Frederick Folley’s soda water factory in mid-April, 1897. Folley was manufacturing “pop” at 208 East B Street by 1892. Eslick & Langdon promptly ordered modern machinery for the manufacture of “summer temperance drinks” and their factory in the basement of the Robbins Block on East Hughitt Street was running “full blast” by the end of May. When this photograph was taken, probably shortly after the turn of the century, Eslick was operating the City Bottling Works alone at 224 East A Street. John C. Eslick did teaming and lived at this address in 1892-1894. John C. Eslick, a pop manufacturer in 1902-1903, was still located here. In 1907-1908, John C. Eslick was listed as the proprietor of the City Bottling Works, located at this address, which was also where he resided with his wife Margaret Eslick. The City Bottling Works, John C. Eslick, proprietor, was still operating at this location, and was still the residence of John C. Eslick and his wife Margaret Eslick in 1913. Della Eslick, Gertrude Eslick, a stenographer, Oris Eslick, a clerk, and William Eslick, a switchman, also lived here in 1913. John C. Eslick and his wife Katherine Eslick resided here in 1925. The Eslick Brothers (Carter J. Eslick and Claude Eslick) had a soft drink business at 406 South Iron Mountain Street in 1925. The 400 block of Iron Mountain Street would be at the intersection with East A Street. [Menominee Range Historical Museum], Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3
Abstract/Description: City Bottling Works, 224 East A Street, Iron Mountain, ca. 1900-1905: John C. Eslick and James Langdon purchased Frederick Folley’s soda water factory in mid-April, 1897. Folley was manufacturing “pop” at 208 East B Street by 1892. Eslick & Langdon promptly ordered modern machinery for the manufacture of “summer temperance drinks” and their factory in the basement of the Robbins Block on East Hughitt Street was running “full blast” by the end of May. When this photograph was taken, probably shortly after the turn of the century, Eslick was operating the City Bottling Works alone at 224 East A Street. John C. Eslick did teaming and lived at this address in 1892-1894. John C. Eslick, a pop manufacturer in 1902-1903, was still located here. In 1907-1908, John C. Eslick was listed as the proprietor of the City Bottling Works, located at this address, which was also where he resided with his wife Margaret Eslick. The City Bottling Works, John C. Eslick, proprietor, was still operating at this location, and was still the residence of John C. Eslick and his wife Margaret Eslick in 1913. Della Eslick, Gertrude Eslick, a stenographer, Oris Eslick, a clerk, and William Eslick, a switchman, also lived here in 1913. John C. Eslick and his wife Katherine Eslick resided here in 1925. The Eslick Brothers (Carter J. Eslick and Claude Eslick) had a soft drink business at 406 South Iron Mountain Street in 1925. The 400 block of Iron Mountain Street would be at the intersection with East A Street. [Menominee Range Historical Museum]
Subject(s): Bottling
Bottles
Iron Mountain (Mich.)
Date Created: 1900