Co-operativa Italiana store horse, wagon and driver

Co-operativa Italiana Delivery Wagon, 421 Vulcan Street, North Side, Iron Mountain, Dickinson County, Michigan, ca. 1903-1905: The Co-Operativa Italiana store opened at 431 Vulcan Street in Iron Mountain’s Chapin Location in January 1903. The store was an outgrowth of a benevolent society organized May 16, 1900, with 165 charter members, all natives of Capestrano, Abruzzi, Italy. The driver of the society’s delivery wagon is unidentified. However, the photograph was taken by Adolph Anderson, a local amateur photographer, shortly after the store opened. [Menominee Range Historical Museum], Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3
Abstract/Description: Co-operativa Italiana Delivery Wagon, 421 Vulcan Street, North Side, Iron Mountain, Dickinson County, Michigan, ca. 1903-1905: The Co-Operativa Italiana store opened at 431 Vulcan Street in Iron Mountain’s Chapin Location in January 1903. The store was an outgrowth of a benevolent society organized May 16, 1900, with 165 charter members, all natives of Capestrano, Abruzzi, Italy. The driver of the society’s delivery wagon is unidentified. However, the photograph was taken by Adolph Anderson, a local amateur photographer, shortly after the store opened. [Menominee Range Historical Museum]
Subject(s): Social groups
Carriages and carts
Portraits
Iron Mountain (Mich.)
Date Created: 1903 (approximate)