G. and D. Kloeckner and Company general store

G. Kloeckner & Company General Store (formerly the Chapin Mine Store), 102 Fourth Street, North Side, Iron Mountain, Dickinson County, Michigan, ca. 1891-1900: The Menominee Mining Company decided to close Iron Mountain’s Chapin Company Store in March of 1886. Gabriel and Daniel Kloeckner, probably with a partner named Flint, took over the business in early August. By 1889 Alfred Cruse and Andrew Uren comprised the “& Co.” of the firm instead of Flint. However, by 1891 the two Kloeckners were the sole proprietors of this general store. Joseph Tippett was driving the wagon. [Gene Derwinski/Dick Ferris – Menominee Range Historical Museum], Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3
Abstract/Description: G. Kloeckner & Company General Store (formerly the Chapin Mine Store), 102 Fourth Street, North Side, Iron Mountain, Dickinson County, Michigan, ca. 1891-1900: The Menominee Mining Company decided to close Iron Mountain’s Chapin Company Store in March of 1886. Gabriel and Daniel Kloeckner, probably with a partner named Flint, took over the business in early August. By 1889 Alfred Cruse and Andrew Uren comprised the “& Co.” of the firm instead of Flint. However, by 1891 the two Kloeckners were the sole proprietors of this general store. Joseph Tippett was driving the wagon. [Gene Derwinski/Dick Ferris – Menominee Range Historical Museum]
Subject(s): General stores
Company stores
Iron Mountain (Mich.)
Date Created: 1900