Camp 4 of the Michigan State Telephone Company, located on the Brule River in northeastern Wisconsin

Extending telephone service to rural districts and to connect one community with another occurred in the Dickinson County area during the early 1900s. Pictured here is Camp 4 of the Michigan State Telephone Company, located on the Brule River in northeastern Wisconsin in October, 1908. T.B. Catlin, who was the
manager for the Michigan Bell Telephone Company at 112 East Brown Street, Iron Mountain, in 1892, served as manager of the Michigan State Telephone Company at 309 South Stephenson Avenue ten years later. [Menominee Range Historical Museum], Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3
Abstract/Description: Extending telephone service to rural districts and to connect one community with another occurred in the Dickinson County area during the early 1900s. Pictured here is Camp 4 of the Michigan State Telephone Company, located on the Brule River in northeastern Wisconsin in October, 1908. T.B. Catlin, who was the manager for the Michigan Bell Telephone Company at 112 East Brown Street, Iron Mountain, in 1892, served as manager of the Michigan State Telephone Company at 309 South Stephenson Avenue ten years later. [Menominee Range Historical Museum]
Subject(s): Telephone companies--Employees
Camps
Brule River (Mich. and Wis.)
Date Created: 1908