View of the east side of Channing's Railroad Street

East Side of Railroad Avenue, Looking South, Channing, 1909: The postcard view above, looking south at a portion of the east side of Channing’s Railroad Avenue, was taken in 1909. R.E. Boll ran the general store at the far left. Fred Gage ran the St. Paul Saloon on the left side of the building with two awnings and Paul Khoury began operating his general store on the right side in mid-March, 1910, after this photograph was taken. Mrs. Mary Richards ran the Hotel Richards in the building with the large front porch between 1905 and 1907, and perhaps longer. W.T. Stevens had a billiard parlor and barbershop in the building at the end of the block. Floyd Duchaine ran a billiard parlor there by 1919. Across the side street the Maccabees Hall was located in the single-story structure. [William J. Cummings], Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3
Abstract/Description: East Side of Railroad Avenue, Looking South, Channing, 1909: The postcard view above, looking south at a portion of the east side of Channing’s Railroad Avenue, was taken in 1909. R.E. Boll ran the general store at the far left. Fred Gage ran the St. Paul Saloon on the left side of the building with two awnings and Paul Khoury began operating his general store on the right side in mid-March, 1910, after this photograph was taken. Mrs. Mary Richards ran the Hotel Richards in the building with the large front porch between 1905 and 1907, and perhaps longer. W.T. Stevens had a billiard parlor and barbershop in the building at the end of the block. Floyd Duchaine ran a billiard parlor there by 1919. Across the side street the Maccabees Hall was located in the single-story structure. [William J. Cummings]
Subject(s): Central business districts
Cities and towns
Channing (Mich.)
Date Created: 1909