View of Channing, Michigan, looking south

East Side of Railroad Avenue, Looking South, Channing, ca. 1908: Photographed by O.A.K. and printed for R.E. Boll & Company, this postcard view, identified as “Channing Looking South” and postmarked Channing, September 25, 1908, shows the east side of Railroad Avenue looking south from the northern end of the street. At the far left is the Railroad Eating House, operated for many years by Mrs. W.M. White, who sold her interest to Wilbur McClure in mid-July, 1912. The occupants of the next four buildings have not been identified. The building with the long front porch was Mrs. E. Vermullen’s hotel and saloon. The next building was R.E. Boll’s general store, followed by the Belsch building in which Paul Khoury opened his general store in mid-March 1910. [William J. Cummings], Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3
Abstract/Description: East Side of Railroad Avenue, Looking South, Channing, ca. 1908: Photographed by O.A.K. and printed for R.E. Boll & Company, this postcard view, identified as “Channing Looking South” and postmarked Channing, September 25, 1908, shows the east side of Railroad Avenue looking south from the northern end of the street. At the far left is the Railroad Eating House, operated for many years by Mrs. W.M. White, who sold her interest to Wilbur McClure in mid-July, 1912. The occupants of the next four buildings have not been identified. The building with the long front porch was Mrs. E. Vermullen’s hotel and saloon. The next building was R.E. Boll’s general store, followed by the Belsch building in which Paul Khoury opened his general store in mid-March 1910. [William J. Cummings]
Subject(s): Central business districts
Cities and towns
Channing (Mich.)
Date Created: 1910 (approximate)