Underground Railroad Switch Plan (1 of 3)
|Title:||Underground Railroad Switch Plan (1 of 3).|
|Name(s):||Adams Township, contributor|
|Type of Resource:||cartographic|
Intersection of three rail tracks. Diamond X-Cut Plat Switch.
See plan 2 of 3 here.
See plan 3 of 3 here.
The Copper Range Company, which was established in 1899, operated copper mines in Houghton and Ontonagon Counties. It merged with the Louisiana Land and Exploration Company in 1977. The collection contains records concerning a number of mines and mills owned by the Copper Range Company, but the vast majority of the records are from the Champion Mine and Champion Mill in Painesdale, MI, which operated from 1899 to 1967.
Copper mines and mining
Houghton County (Mich.)
|Held by:||Adams Township|
|Restrictions on Access:||No Copyright (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/)|
|Is Part Of:||Copper Range Company Records. Identifier: PMAS-004|