Mather Inn records

The Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Mining Company (CCI) built the Mather Inn in 1932 and named the building in honor of company president, William G. Mather. James H. Ritchie designed it in the Georgian Revival architectural style. The Inn closed in 1984. This collection contains records that document the general operations of the Mather Inn in Ishpeming, Michigan. Records include time cards and employee payroll, general correspondence, correspondence related to construction, establishment of the Inn, and documents regarding the Inn's eventual sale. Records also include tax and lease information and correspondence of William Mather and William Manning (architect). The materials date from 1923 to 1986.

Most of the collection has not been digitized, and only selections from the correspondence and the newspaper clippings have been digitized. Contract the Central UP and NMU Archives to see the whole collection.

See the full finding aid here.